Uniform education system should implement in Pakistan’s all provinces including Azad Kashmir schools, colleges and universities
According to the United Nations organization (UNO) charter and Supreme Court of Pakistan judgment by giving education to Pakistani children in their mother tongue and national language, implement Urdu language through education.
LAHORE (October 22, 2018): Punjab Taleemi Conference held under Tanzeem-e-Asatiza, educational wing of Jamat-e-Islami in Aiwan-e-Iqbal Lahore, Pakistan. According to secretory information of Tanzeem-e-Asatiza Punjab more than 1200 teachers both male and female of schools and colleges from Punjab attended Taleemi conference and they told that this type of conferences is a need of the time. Conference started at 9:30 am with the recitation of the Holy Quran and continued till 4:00 pm. Educational experts and scholars from Tanzeem-e-Asatiza Punjab expressed their opinions on the topic “change and development through education” during “Taleemi Conference”. They demanded from government that education is a basic right of every citizen of Pakistan and government have to provide help for getting education.
Dr. Mian Muhammad Akram, columnist Dr. Hussain Ahmad, Dr. Samia Raheel Qazi, Khalid Rehman Director institute of policy studies, Dr. Tahir Tanoli Director Iqbal academy Lahore, Prof. Rizwan-ul-Haq President Tehreek-e-Nafaz-e-Urdu, Prof. Rao Jaleel Ahmad, Prof. Shafique Ahmad, Prof. Rana Asghar Ali and leaders of schools and colleges associations of Punjab Dr. Zahid Shaikh, Syed Tanvir Shah, Hafiz Abdul Nasir and Tariq Mehmood Addressed in “Taleemi Conference” held under Tanzeem-e-Asatiza Punjab.
Governor Punjab Ch. Muhammad Sarwar, Speaker Punjab Assembly Pervaiz Elahi, Minister of education Punjab Dr. Murad Ras and Minister of higher education Punjab Yasir Humayun invited in Taleemi Conference but they did not turn up. And any representative of government also did not attend. This non-serious attitude of government shows its lack of interest in education.
All the speakers of Taleemi Conference agreed that if Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government really wants to bring change in Pakistan then government should begin from education. Today’s national and international situation demands from government of Pakistan that change should start from education and strong the scattered nation by uniform education system. Because uniform education system and uniform syllabus system is the only way of national unity. Developmental progress of Pakistan can increase by making human resources useful through education. For this Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government should give priority to education in its national policy by spending minimum 7% of GDP on education.
Taleemi Conference’s speakers strongly condemned NAB for disgracing Teachers by handcuffing. They criticized on private sectors because they made education business and by this education for ordinary people is out of reach. Developmental countries got success by educating people. So big educational institutes of large cities should declare code of conduct.
In the end of conference joint statement issued and demanded that:
- Uniform education system should apply in all the provinces of Pakistan including Azad Jamu Kashmir.
- All the government and private schools, colleges and universities of the country should bound to teach uniform education.
- According to UNO charter that right of education in national language and mother tongue should provide to Pakistani children.
- According to Supreme Court judgment and by following developed countries education should provide in Urdu.CSS exams, official language and Supreme Court language also should in Urdu.
Representatives of schools and colleges associations demanded that:
- Intervention in school education of foreign funded NGOs should ban.
- 3000 empty seats of teachers of schools in Punjab should fill.
- Ban on transfers of schools in Punjab should remove.
- Government is going to privatize some schools of Punjab and commercialism will be increase by this. Government should review this policy.
- More than 6000 seats of 600 colleges of Punjab are empty. Government should stop the loss of students by appointing graduated students of universities in empty seats.
- Promotions of college teachers should speed up without connecting it with training.
- Contract teachers should nominate as permanent and deduction in pays should stop.