I am Maria Anjum. I would like to bring in your notice that child labour is increasing day by day. Children under 14 years old working in a hazardous places to earn money. Instead of enjoying childhood they run their homes. They are not going to schools. Parents think that sending their child to school is just a waste of time and money. It is also because of the ignorance from society or government.
According to Article 25A Right to Education
(The State shall provide free and compulsory education to all children of the age of five to sixteen years in such manner as may be determined by law.)
We have to take some steps to prevent child labour.
- Immediate steps should be taken by the authorities to prevent Child labour.
- Awareness should be brought among the people through media about the disadvantages of child labour.
- Free and compulsory primary education should be given by government
- Free textbooks, notebooks and midday meals should be given
- If anyone disobey the law of Child labour they should be severally punished
The writer is a student of kohat university of science and technology. she can be reached at email@example.com