Home / University / PU Syndicate recommends Rs 9.33 billion budget

PU Syndicate recommends Rs 9.33 billion budget

Vacancies for medical doctors approved

Research grant increased from Rs 150m to 185m

Rs 210m allocated for scholarships to students, co-curricular activitiesRs 210m allocated for scholarships to students, co-curricular activities

LAHORE: (Saturday, June 29, 2019): Punjab University Syndicate meeting recommended Rs 9.33 billion budget for the approval of Senate for the year 2019-20. Taking practical measures to establish PU Medical and Dental College, the Syndicate approved vacancies of professors, associate professors and assistant professors for medical doctors.

On the directions of the vice chancellor for increasing PU’s international ranking and socio-economic impact research, the syndicate increased research funding by Rs 35 million and allocated a total of Rs 185 million for research. PU would also continue overseas scholarship scheme for teachers.  The university has allocated Rs 37 million for participation in national and international conferences.

The university expects a total grant of Rs 2.637 billion from Higher Education Commission, 30 percent of the total budget while PU would generate the rest of 70 percent from own sources. 

According to other salient features of the budget, special students will also be provided with free education along with boarding facilities while students taking admission on sports basis will be provided with free education. The university will continue to waive off tuition fee of Hafiz-e-Quran. In order to facilitate students, Punjab University is providing funds of Rs 210 million to its students in terms of scholarships, student affairs and career counseling and other activities.

Moreover, HEC scholarships worth 97 million rupees and PEEF scholarships will also be provided to students. In the budget, Punjab University is providing Rs 190 million Hostel Subsidy, Rs 35 million transport subsidy and Rs 21 million internet subsidy to students and in addition to the above, subsidy on electricity bills in teaching departments is also being provided. PU has allocated Rs 208 million for development projects.

Comment Using Facebook

Check Also

Effects of Whats App usage on the education of secondary school students

Effects of Whats App usage on the education of secondary school students By Mohammad Shahzad …

110 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing such a pleasant opinion, piece of
    writing is pleasant, thats why i have read it completely

  2. Thank you a lot for sharing this with all of us you really recognize
    what you’re speaking about! Bookmarked. Please also
    seek advice from my web site =). We can have a link trade arrangement among
    us

  3. This paragraph gives clear idea in support of the new visitors of blogging, that
    truly how to do running a blog.

  4. We stumbled over here coming from a different website and thought I might check things out.
    I like what I see so now i’m following you.
    Look forward to finding out about your web page yet again.

  5. I think what you published made a bunch of sense.
    But, what about this? suppose you were to create a killer headline?
    I ain’t saying your content is not solid, but suppose you added something that
    makes people desire more? I mean PU Syndicate recommends Rs 9.33 billion budget –
    The Educationist is a little vanilla. You could look
    at Yahoo’s home page and watch how they create news titles to
    get viewers to click. You might try adding a video or a related pic or two to get readers interested about everything’ve written. In my opinion, it
    might make your posts a little bit more interesting.

  6. This is my first time go to see at here and i am actually impressed to read everthing at alone place.

  7. Hi there everyone, it’s my first visit at this website, and article is genuinely fruitful
    in support of me, keep up posting these articles or reviews.

  8. Greate pieces. Keep writing such kind of info
    on your site. Im really impressed by your blog.

    Hi there, You have done a great job. I
    will definitely digg it and for my part suggest to my friends.
    I’m confident they will be benefited from this site.

  9. Right here is the right website for everyone who would like to find out
    about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I
    actually will need to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin on a topic
    that’s been discussed for many years. Great stuff, just
    excellent!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.