LAHORE (Thursday, August 9, 2018): In line with the vision of the vice chancellor to raise the standard of teaching and research, Punjab University has started a New Faculty Orientation programme 2018.
Under this programme PU Human Resource Development Centre (PU-HRDC) has planned a faculty training on research and teaching competencies for the year 2018 during September 4-7 at Institute of Administrative Science (IAS), new campus.
HRDC – a part of the IAS – has invited nominations of teachers from all heads of the departments of the university vide letter no. 12017 dated 1-8-2018. The last date for receipt of nomination is 15th August, 2018. The four-day training will be held from 4th – 7th September, 2018 at IAS auditorium from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
According to the letter issued by the registrar the criteria for participation in this training include:
- The participants must be nominated by their heads of departments. The nomination must be received directly from the office of the heads of departments.
- Only research scholars, lecturers or assistant professors with two or less than two years of service can participate.
- The nomination letter must include a working email address and cell phone number of each intending participant.
- The participants must be received from all teaching and work duties during the timings.
- They would be required to take part in a pre and post training assessment. Heads of departments will also be requested to take part in design and evaluation phase of the programme.