LAHORE (Wednesday October 11, 2017): Punjab Secretary for Specialized Healthcare & Medical Education has sought applications for recruitment of permanent a vice chancellor in the University of Health Sciences. The initiative has been taken due to media criticism and pressure of parents and students over the MDCAT (Medical and Dental Colleges Admission Test) leak.
Last week acting VC Dr. Junaid Sarfraz was removed due to the scam and Dr. Faisal Masood, former VC KEMU was given the caretaker charge.
Now a formal advertisement has been given in the national press seeking applications from suitable candidates by 15-11-2017.
According to the advertisement, the candidate for vice chancellor should possess the following attributes:
- Distinguish reputation as scholar and academician in medical field, having exposure to international best practices with respect to academic functions both in classroom teaching and researching (clinical and non-clinical)
- Experience in managing the high level medical education institution will be preferred
- Capability and experience in resource mobilization.
- Leadership qualities for policy making in relation to efficient and active management of all affairs of the university.
The seven-point eligibility criteria include:
- A person who is eligible and who is not more than 65 years of age on the last date of submission of applications for the post of vice chancellor may apply for the post.
- The candidate is MBBS or holds equivalent qualifications.
- He/she holds additional recognized qualification in clinical subjects or in basic medical sciences as prescribed in the HEC / PM&DC regulations and notified by the government.
- He/she has experience of undergraduate and postgraduate regulations medical teaching.
- He/she has experience of administrative and financial management.
- He/she has published at least eight quality research publications in the indexed medical journals recognized by the Higher Education Commission and the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council.
- He/she is or has been or is qualified to be a professor in a university, a medical college or a institute.
It is noteworthy paper of MDCAT allegedly leaked out by the management of university, the Health Minister dismissed all the staff who involved in this matter, and took a serious action against all the staff including controller examination and vice chancellor.